The day will come when you decide to decorate and no matter how hard you try, you just can’t get your hand down the back to scrap the wall paper off the wall. It needs to come off!!
You will need:
- Suitable spanners
- A small bowl
- A bucket
- Radiator key
- Isolate the valves on either side of the radiator. First with the cap provided then tightening with an adjustable spanner.
- Place a suitable bowl under the valve; support the radiator valve and loosen the nut.
- Open the bleed valve at the top with a radiator key to speed up the process.
- Empty the bowl into the bucket when it starts to fill up.
- Once the water has stopped flowing, release the other nut and lift off the radiator. Some water may remain which will need to be poured away.
- When refitting the radiator, ensure the nuts are done up tightly and apply jointing compound if required. Open the bleed valve to allow water back into the radiator.